28 - 29 November, 2018
Postillion Convention Centre Amsterdam
Agenda Day 2
8:00 am - 8:25 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:25 am - 8:30 am Welcome remarks
8:30 am - 8:40 am Chairperson’s opening address:
Staying Ahead Of New Tech Trends
8:40 am - 9:00 am FIRESIDE CHAT: How to connect production, service and logistics with predictive analytics to deliver on the capabilities required for the Industry 4.0 revolutionMark Sutherland - eCommerce Director Ricoh Europe Axel Schmidt - Chief Digital Officer Wacker Chemicals
· How will the move towards digital in manufacturing impact the entire value chain?
· What are the synergies and gaps between digital manufacturing and digital marketing?
· What needs to be done today as well as tomorrow to leverage the power of predictive sales tools?
· At which stage of your transformation can you start considering investing in IoT connectivity?
· Can an algorithm accurately predict the behaviour of your customers and show quick ROI?
Mark SutherlandeCommerce Director
Axel SchmidtChief Digital Officer
9:00 am - 9:20 am IBM WATSON INNOVATIONS UNCOVERED: Omnichannel B2B Commerce: 5 Crucial ConsiderationsRussell Scherwin - Director of Marketing, Watson Commerce IBM
Omni-channel B2B commerce entails consistency across field and digital selling channels. You will learn to provide your sales and marketing leaders with the ability to execute market strategies in every customer interaction, while optimizing margin in every transaction. Attendees will leave this keynote with insights on addressing B2B Commerce projects, 5 critical success factors, and how to avoid common adoption challenges.
Russell ScherwinDirector of Marketing, Watson Commerce
9:20 am - 10:00 am CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER PERSPECTIVE: Prioritising your innovation spend: What are the best emerging technologies that are most likely to deliver long term results for your business and should be considered in your investment plans?Rahmyn Kress - Chief Digital Officer Henkel
Manufacturers and Distributors are breaking free of traditional operations, but finding a balance between innovative technology and traditional sales is challenge. Businesses are becoming nimble and agile to understand the customer on a deeper level from discovery to order/checkout. Dr Rahyman Kress shares his priorities:
· How to achieve harmonious channels: using human interaction and digital to enhance your sales through the implementation of seamless technology
· How to identify which digital tools you should invest in to add real value to your customers shopping experience
· How strike the balance of human and tech interactions to avoid the mistake of over investing in digital technologies that do not add value to the customer journey
Future tech: looking out for tomorrow’s opportunities
Rahmyn KressChief Digital Officer
10:00 am - 10:20 am CASE STUDY: JuZo - How to successfully scale a global, complex product and custom pricing business in less than 6 months using a minimal viable product (MVP) strategy to deliver a state-of-the-art B2B commerce solutionChristian Marquardt - eCommerce Manager Julius Zorn Stefan Willkommer - CEO Magneto
· How do you enable customers to digitally order highly complex products, in a “make to order” process with custom pricing and reduce order processing time by 95%
· How adopting a MVP strategy can ensure time to value yet deliver state-of- the art automated ordering processes and an increase in process quality
· Innovate to simplify – how a product configurator in a headless environment is able to serve more than 50,000 product variants and reduces error rate by 85%
Understand what specialist B2B tech is required to support customer demands that are much higher than in B2C
Christian MarquardteCommerce Manager
10:20 am - 10:40 am GUEST SPEAKER: How to tap into your shoppers basic behavioral drivers when using immersive technology to move them along the path to purchaseKate Nightingale - Head of Consumer Behaviour & Psychology Lecturer, Founder London College of Fashion, Style Psychology Ltd.
· Building emotional intimacy: How can you get to know your customers more intimately to forge lasting and emotional connections for your brand?
· Forging friendships: How can you engage with your consumers to gain their trust and turn infrequent shoppers into your biggest buyers and maintain brand loyalty?
· Beyond customer data: How can you gain a deeper understanding of your customer’s habits, wants and desires to better fulfil their shopping needs?
· How can you accurately monitor and measure the personal interactions in the shopping journey to improve the human side of your in-store experience?
Kate NightingaleHead of Consumer Behaviour & Psychology Lecturer, Founder
London College of Fashion, Style Psychology Ltd.
10:40 am - 11:10 am Morning networking break
STREAM A – Applying Advanced Data Analytics11:10 am - 11:40 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How can you use predictive analytics to reduce customer churn, grow accounts, and bring sales and marketing onto the same page? Nikolas Rizos - European Digital Marketing Lead Edwards Lifesciences
· Implement innovative methods of predictive analytics
· Predict and target segments with the greatest profit potential
· Assess the likelihood of customers defecting to the competitors
· Turn data into a story for your marketing needs—unlocking data’s potential to create a greater customer interactive
Nikolas RizosEuropean Digital Marketing Lead
STREAM A – Applying Advanced Data Analytics11:50 am - 12:10 pm CASE STUDY: Causation over correlation – How to use data to demonstrate the value of multichannel customers and convince C-Suite to take action Devashish Saxena - Group VP, Global eCommerce and Multichannel Convergence Rexel
· How to establish a clear and concrete causal relationship between your online and offline channels that defines the value of a multichannel customer
· Tactics to make a strong persuasive argument to drive the C-Suite into action
· Show how online investments influence and drive offline sales
Devashish SaxenaGroup VP, Global eCommerce and Multichannel Convergence
STREAM B – Exploiting New Digital Marketing Innovations11:10 am - 11:50 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How can you best adapt digital marketing campaigns across channels to achieve maximum ROI? Antoine Aranda - Director Digital Marketing Europe VWR
· How can digital marketing contribute towards lead generation?
· What is a typical timing for ROI within B2B industries?
· How to communicate the value and increase the adoption of marketing campaigns by sales staff
· How to demonstrate the ROI of a digital marketing campaign
Antoine ArandaDirector Digital Marketing Europe
STREAM B – Exploiting New Digital Marketing Innovations11:50 am - 12:10 pm CASE STUDY: How to leverage influencer marketing, social media and brand ambassadors to boost your brand awareness Christian Skaar - Head of eCommerce L'Oreal
· Understand how to leverage social media at each stage of the planning process, including listening to inform
· Why social media success is dependent on many other factors, including content, ecosystem, journey planning and social advertising budget
· The need to leverage both brand and employee channels in your campaign, and the objective of each
· Working with influencers for success: how to link brand and purpose to get buy-in from key industry influencers and extend your reach to access new markets and extend your reach
Christian SkaarHead of eCommerce
STREAM C – Attributing The Customer Journey11:10 am - 11:50 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Looking beyond the last click: How to leverage multi-touch attribution techniques to evaluate campaigns across multiple platforms and better understand the entire path to purchase Christopher Matenaers - Director of Digital Grainger
· Using personalisation and attribution to identify high value customers
· Getting away from last-click attribution modelling: what are the alternatives to this?
· Considering the unique needs of your business first and foremost
· Creating a sustainable model that is robust and customer focused
· What KPIs define success for each channel?
Christopher MatenaersDirector of Digital
STREAM C – Attributing The Customer Journey11:50 am - 12:10 pm CASE STUDY: How to develop a more accurate attribution model to optimise previously ignored channels contributing to conversion
· How to develop your attribution model effectively to track the whole user journey regardless of the device
· How to implement the right tools across your channels
· How to overcome the cross device attribution challenge that mobile presents in the industry
STREAM D – Interactive Working Groups11:10 am - 11:50 am WORKSHOP: How to optimise your digital channels for different maturity models post implementation to stay ahead of the competition
STREAM A – Igniting Your Search Effectiveness12:10 pm - 12:50 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to dynamically increase the effectiveness of your SEO strategy to ensure your customers can find you with ease Dorothee Rembold - Head of Digital Marketing Bossard
· Search engine optimization strategies to fuel long term growth
· How to gain better results in mobile SEO
Dorothee RemboldHead of Digital Marketing
STREAM A – Igniting Your Search Effectiveness12:50 pm - 1:10 pm OXFORD-STYLE DEBATE: Amazon and Alibaba are a big disruption, but we can turn it to our advantage – AGREE / DISAGREE? Bettina Hoppmann - eCommerce Account Manager 3M Carl Doeksen - Global Robotics & Automation Leader 3M
STREAM B – Drill-down Roundtables8:00 am - 8:30 am Digital Transformation & Data Adri Kraa - Chief Digital Officer Mediq Alexander Emmert - Global Head of Digital Business Förch
Roundtable 1: Evaluating emerging technologies to drive next horizon innovation in your business
Adri Kraa, Chief Data Officer, Mediq
Roundtable 2: Re-thinking buyer behavior in a digital age: Top tips to stay ahead of the curve
Alexander Emmert, Global Digital Business Leader, Förch
Roundtable 3: Exclusive platform evaluation roundtable - Episerver
Adri KraaChief Digital Officer
Alexander EmmertGlobal Head of Digital Business
STREAM B – Drill-down Roundtables12:50 pm - 1:10 pm Marketplaces Sonja Eichmann von - Digital Marketing Manager (West Europe) 3M
Roundtable 1: How to stop unauthorised sellers and regain control of who gains access
Evident Roundtable 2: TBC
Roundtable 3: Selling on marketplaces: How to take advantage of the increased access to new customer segments
Sonja Eichmann von, Digital Marketing Manager (West Europe), 3M
Roundtable 4: Freestyle
Sonja Eichmann vonDigital Marketing Manager (West Europe)
STREAM C – Drill-down Roundtables12:10 pm - 12:50 pm Marketing & Content Creation Beniamino Gagliardi - Global VP of Digital Enablement Schneider Electric
Roundtable 1: How to exploit big data to decode customer interactions and gain a competitive edge
Beniamino Gagliardi, Global VP of Digital Enablement, Schneider Electric
Roundtable 2: Sharing the latest advanced alternatives in customer engagement to improve conversion rates
Beniamino GagliardiGlobal VP of Digital Enablement
STREAM C – Drill-down Roundtables12:50 pm - 1:10 pm Manufacturer and Distributor Holger Pietzsch - Head of Marketing and Solutions Deployment Caterpillar Marta Dalton - Global Director for B2B and B2C ecommerce Unilever
Roundtable 1: How to leverage partnerships to achieve a customer-first digital approach whilst maximising profits
Holger Pietzsch, Head of Business Model Transformation in Services, Marketing and Digital, Caterpillar
Roundtable 2: Driving eCommerce success: How to leverage engaging supply chain strategies that align with distributors
Marta Dalton, Director of eCommerce, Unilever
Holger PietzschHead of Marketing and Solutions Deployment
Marta DaltonGlobal Director for B2B and B2C ecommerce
STREAM D – Interactive Working Groups12:10 pm - 12:50 pm MASTERCLASS: The answer to manufacturers’ print marketing problem Steve Harding - Senior Vice President Gelato Globe
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Networking lunch
STREAM C1:10 pm - 2:10 pm IBM Private Hosted Lunch: It’s a New Omnichannel B2B World ( Invitation-only)
STREAM D1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Exclusive Hosted Lunch
STREAM A – Delivering A Unified Channel Experience2:10 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: How to integrate your online and offline channels to deliver a consistent experience across all of your customer touchpoints Richard Waight - Head of Multi Channel eCommerce Bio-Rad Laboratories
· How to combine online and offline techniques for a better customer journey
· How to identify all of your marketing channels and determine the best combinations to integrate the on-off line worlds
· The challenge of offering to the customer a consistent purchasing experience if it is online, on the phone or in store
Richard WaightHead of Multi Channel eCommerce
STREAM A – Delivering A Unified Channel Experience2:30 pm - 2:50 pm CASE STUDY: How to seamlessly link your digital marketing activities with your eCommerce offering to remove friction for your customers Luis Marcos - Digital Transformation Officer Honeywell
· Delivering relevant, helpful and timely features to customers by unlocking the company's data-rich internal environment
· Providing a one-stop location for all products, tools, and services
· Creating new user behavior analytics and insights to identify and act on marketing and sales opportunities
Driving ROI and differentiation in the marketplace by better serving customers’ needs
Luis MarcosDigital Transformation Officer
STREAM B – Mastering Product Information Management Systems2:10 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: How to leverage advances in PIM and make it the cornerstone of your multi-channel strategy Frank Kuestner - Global Head of Mobile & Digital Experience Siemens
· How can manufacturers get rid of dirty data? What efficient ways exist to clean the master data in support of sound product enrichment?
· Which solutions and platforms exist to support product enrichment and PIM?
· How can manufacturers leverage existing tools to support content?
How can a true collaborative mind-set exist between manufacturers and distributors to drive customer engagement?
Frank KuestnerGlobal Head of Mobile & Digital Experience
STREAM B – Mastering Product Information Management Systems2:30 pm - 2:50 pm CASE STUDY: How to optimise your product data to seamlessly manage disparate distribution channels across geographies Beverly Peeling - Associate Director Online Digital Strategy Kimberly-Clark
· Best practices in housing data and distributing to internal teams
· Why product information, such as specifications, functionality and imagery—should be at the heart of any digital strategy
Ensuring the data feed optimization process is continuous
Beverly PeelingAssociate Director Online Digital Strategy
STREAM C – Redefining Your Digital Culture2:10 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: How to break down sales and marketing siloes to achieve greater collaboration and promote an aligned digital culture Fabian van Hoegee - Senior Director, B2B Marketing & Sales Excellence , Europe, Middle East & Africa Canon
· How to structure commercial teams to put a premium on building a culture of collaboration
· What technology should you implement to ensure the sharing of data is seamless and add value to both parties
· How a collective approach to lead generation can optimise your commercial models
How sales can use market segmentation and value proposition to sell strategically
Fabian van HoegeeSenior Director, B2B Marketing & Sales Excellence , Europe, Middle East & Africa
STREAM C – Redefining Your Digital Culture2:30 pm - 2:50 pm CASE STUDY: How to maintain C-suite engagement on long-term projects that are slow to demonstrate ROI Jean-Louis Keraudren - Head of Digital Integration & E-Commerce Hilti
· How to ensure that your efforts will be successful and still relevant in 5 years time
· Getting senior buy-in for long-term projects
· How to develop a clear framework for digital transformation and examine the impact the change will have across the entire business
Jean-Louis KeraudrenHead of Digital Integration & E-Commerce
STREAM D – Interactive Working Groups2:10 pm - 2:30 pm MASTERCLASS: Typical concerns in B2B digital transformation and how to solve them Alfred Hawawini - Director of Business Development, B2B Mirakl
STREAM A – eCommerce Unleashed2:50 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY: How to Integrate your ERP system with eCommerce to build a high performing agile e-Business experience Christian Filipcic - Director, Global Equipment Customer Service Center & eCommerce Dentsply Sirona
· Defining what information you need from your store in order to make your ERP more effective
· Ensuring your inventory data is reliable – where are the gaps?
Testing and reiterating constantly to avoid missing any opportunities
Christian FilipcicDirector, Global Equipment Customer Service Center & eCommerce
STREAM A – eCommerce Unleashed3:10 pm - 3:30 pm CASE STUDY: Exploiting next-generation eCommerce: How to automate time-intensive processes to gain efficiencies Freek Van Den Broek - Global Marketing Manager Digital DMS
· Identifying what parts of the order lifecycle will benefit from automation
· Considering the benefits of the most common use cases of automation: inventory management, invoicing, shipping, returns and customer service
· How to determine your trigger, condition and action logic
Freek Van Den BroekGlobal Marketing Manager Digital
STREAM A – eCommerce Unleashed3:30 pm - 3:40 pm EXCLUSIVE PLATFORM DEMONSTRATION Joey Moore - Director of Product Marketing Episerver
STREAM B – Coming Disruptive Technologies2:50 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY: Making sense of the Internet of Things: How can you leverage it to move from a transactional to a continuous service model Holger Pietzsch - Head of Marketing and Solutions Deployment Caterpillar
· What are the new business models that are likely to be developed on the basis of the new opportunities presented by IoT
· How will innovation in IoT impact B2B thinking?
· Pilot phase: agile or risk-adverse? What methodology is best suited to developing and deploying an IoT strategy?
· How do you set up and ensure efficiency of the IoT based investment?
· How do you live and operate in a totally connected world?
· Data creation, access and analyse – how can marketing leverage the data created?
Holger PietzschHead of Marketing and Solutions Deployment
STREAM B – Coming Disruptive Technologies3:10 pm - 3:40 pm CASE STUDY: How to embrace disruptive technologies and adopt start-up agility to achieve new business opportunities and operational efficacy Holger Ruckdaeschel - Head of Digital Innovation BASF
· Embracing disruptive technologies and partnering with the latest innovators to maxmise wider business success
· Identifying and making sense of the latest trends, opportunities and technologies
· How adopting a start-up agility means embracing change and responding quickly to opportunities as they arise
· Leveraging technology to get closer to the end customer
Holger RuckdaeschelHead of Digital Innovation
STREAM C– Interactive Working Groups2:40 pm - 3:30 pm CREATIVE BOARDROOM: Digital leaders knowledge exchange: Your opportunity to tackle specific manufacturing challenges and opportunities with your peers at the same maturity level
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Afternoon networking break
Redefining the Manufacturer / Distributor Relationship
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm CASE STUDY: Creative collaboration: optimising partner relationships to increase online salesWendy Dirne - Director Digital Partnerships Signify
· Fostering a practical, solutions based culture of innovation with your partners
· Providing new collaboration and communication methods for eCommerce data insights
· Creating flexible & diverse eCommerce experiences that cater to specific market segments and user behaviours
Wendy DirneDirector Digital Partnerships
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm ALL STAR PANEL DISCUSSION: As the route to the customer changes and lines blur, how can we leverage a multi-channel framework to optimise our relationship in the new digital age?Killian Veer - Co-Founder Zageno Sam Talya - Global Lead For B2B Ecommerce Philips Perng Chian Chew - Senior Commercial Director Smith & Nephew Leszek Izdebski - Group VP, Digital Transformation, Americas ABB
· Figuring out what effects marketplaces are having on eCommerce, positively and negatively
· Distribution approaches that allow brands to more easily control their sales
· Tactics to control the content for your brand’s marketplace listing
· Business policies and procedures that will enhance a brand’s ability to assert legal claims against third-party unauthorised sellers
Sam TalyaGlobal Lead For B2B Ecommerce
Perng Chian ChewSenior Commercial Director
Smith & Nephew
Leszek IzdebskiGroup VP, Digital Transformation, Americas