28 - 29 November, 2018
Postillion Convention Centre Amsterdam
Agenda Day 1
7:30 am - 8:35 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:35 am - 8:40 am Welcome remarks
8:40 am - 8:50 am Chairperson’s opening address
Accelerating Your Digital Transformation Journey
8:50 am - 9:10 am IN CONVERSATION WITH A CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER: How to embrace disruptive technologies to achieve business agility and transform into a digital powerhouseDr. Otto Preiss - Chief Operating Officer Digital ABB
· How ABB has embraced disruptive technologies, investing in their own innovative technology
· ‘ABB Ability’ – a global platform that connects customers, partners, suppliers and developers using IoT to services and expertise, turning data insights into the direct action, generating customer value and retention
· Hear about the digital trends, threats and opportunities affecting the value chain and ABB’s strategy in response to these changes
· Learn how to use innovations to improve data visibility and optimise your sales, marketing and eCommerce operations
Dr. Otto PreissChief Operating Officer Digital
9:10 am - 9:30 am THE CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER’S PERSPECTIVE: Turning market disruption into a competitive advantage: How the board can align organisational adaptability, leadership and innovation to accelerate your digital transformation projectScott Allen - UK CMO Microsoft
•Why digital-first thinking matters for B2B companies in order to achieve innovation throughout the organisation
•How new advances in digital strategy will help to create a perfect synergy between eCommerce, loyalty, marketing and advertising in order to really understand how our customers buy
•How to redefine the customer experience by leveraging next-generation technologies across multiple channels in enterprise and global landscapes
•The importance of making educated decisions and taking action in real time based on data not just instincts
•Using agile development methodologies to react quickly to business need
Scott AllenUK CMO
9:30 am - 10:20 am PANEL DISCUSSION: Now you have your digital foundation in place, what do you need to do next to keep pace with the rapid change in digital innovations such as automation, AI and cloud platforms?Luis Marcos - Digital Transformation Officer Honeywell Ales Drabek - Chief Digital Officer Conrad Electronics Peter Bruhn - Senior Digital Advisor and Director Digital Transformation TAKKT Jean-Luc Thesmar - Director of Marketing & Communications Würth France Elliott Jacobs - Director of Commerce Consulting LiveArea
· How to identify gaps in your commercial processes and assess needed capabilities to initiate digital transformation
· How can digital technology support and contribute towards your business objectives?
· Distinguishing between fad and reality: How can you leverage advanced technologies such as AI and VR in your business to boost the bottom line?
· How artificial intelligence is moving to a broader platform that will inform us of every aspect of the customer journey
· The latest B2B eCommerce platform strategies, moving from basic support capabilities to capture and retain channel-agnostic customers
· Driving enterprises to move towards fast, cost-effective, custom eCommerce applications that go beyond the shopping cart
Luis MarcosDigital Transformation Officer
Ales DrabekChief Digital Officer
Peter BruhnSenior Digital Advisor and Director Digital Transformation
Jean-Luc ThesmarDirector of Marketing & Communications
Elliott JacobsDirector of Commerce Consulting
10:20 am - 10:40 am CASE STUDY: Organising for continuous innovation on all horizons: How to meet increasing expectations whilst delivering on today’s business objectivesAdri Kraa - Chief Digital Officer Mediq
· How has the digitalisation of products and services impacted B2B customer expectations in recent years?
· How to balance those expectations with traditional business realities
· Where are you now on the road map and which tools have been developed specifically for B2B that might benefit your team?
· How to overcome the challenges of internal digital transformation in order to deliver seamless multichannel customer experience
· How organisations need to reinvent their offerings to keep up and connect with their customers and stay ahead of rapidly changing expectations
Adri KraaChief Digital Officer
10:40 am - 11:25 am Morning networking break
Making The Transition To A Customer-Centric UX
11:25 am - 11:45 am CASE STUDY: How to implement an advanced multi-channel eCommerce framework to tailor your online customer journey for the modern buyerAjit Sivadasan - VP/GM, Global eCommerce/Digital Marketing Lenovo
•Should your customers be enabled to do everything they need online vs offline?
•How to spot trends in the customer journey: are there specific pain points and frictions stages where the majority of your customers disappear from the buying process?
•What are the ways to visualise the trends and aggregated data in relation to the customer journey across their interaction with the various business units?
Ajit SivadasanVP/GM, Global eCommerce/Digital Marketing
11:45 am - 12:05 pm CASE STUDY: How to gain a 360-degree view of your customers and their engagement by leveraging advances in cloud technology and real-time data processing
· How the cloud removes the need to set up a new digital environment and supports speed of innovation
· Test and trials in the cloud environment: what does it look like?
· The importance of connecting all the dots collected from customers data across the channels to personalise while maintaining consistent brand image
· How to create a more consistent online & offline data collection and consolidation practice that helps to gain a single customer view
12:05 pm - 12:45 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: How to create a next-level customer experience across all channels to increase engagement and conversion ratesThomas Andersson - Vice President Care Volvo Group Lars Elkjær Andersen - Global Director of eCommerce Vestas Jean-Come Renaudin - Digital Marketing Programs Director Schneider Electric Ole Mecker - Global Director, Business Transformation Wacker Chemicals Bastian Latt - Director (Former Head of Customer Experience, Amazon Germany) eccelerate
· What does customer-centric truly mean?
· Delivering unique personalisation using data and systems to make the experience between manufacturers and consumers seamless
· Proven methods to ensure relevancy through the customer’s entire process and explore the impacts of who owns it, relevant content, and
how to maintain organizational support
· How to move from mass segmentation to personalisation across all the channels
Thomas AnderssonVice President Care
Lars Elkjær AndersenGlobal Director of eCommerce
Jean-Come RenaudinDigital Marketing Programs Director
Ole MeckerGlobal Director, Business Transformation
Bastian LattDirector (Former Head of Customer Experience, Amazon Germany)
12:45 pm - 1:05 pm CASE STUDY: How to make your sales channels customer-centric in an industry with complex procurement hierarchies and lengthy decision-making processes
· Navigating the decision making unit - how to uncover and address multi stakeholder concerns
· How to persuasively articulate a new commercial model by strengthening the connection between the buyer’s situation and your products
· How to ensure your sales channels remain relevant and effective regardless of the evolving B2B buying landscape
1:05 pm - 2:05 pm Networking lunch
STREAM C1:05 pm - 2:05 pm Exclusive Hosted Lunch
STREAM D1:05 pm - 2:05 pm Exclusive Hosted Lunch
STREAM A – Leveraging Data As Your Transformation Core2:05 pm - 2:45 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: What business critical data sources should you be collecting to ensure you have the best quality data as a solid foundation to extract insights from? Freek Van Den Broek - Global Marketing Manager Digital DMS Farrukh Shad - Senior Vice President, Retail Strategy & Global Ecommerce Schneider Electric Pascal Smits - Digital Marketing, Global - Head Of Digital Transformation Philips Lighting Beverly Peeling - Associate Director Online Digital Strategy Kimberly-Clark
· Too much data: How to harmonize and centralize the process of data selection
· How to integrate the data from different sources and automate the process of big data application for a specific application area
· What tools should you be using in order to collect, select and store the right data for analysis?
· The importance of combining data from multiple sources into one unified system that helps to drive effective business outcomes
· How to develop an in house flexible data warehouse that allows quick updates and easy distribution
Farrukh ShadSenior Vice President, Retail Strategy & Global Ecommerce
Pascal SmitsDigital Marketing, Global - Head Of Digital Transformation
Beverly PeelingAssociate Director Online Digital Strategy
STREAM A – Leveraging Data As Your Transformation Core2:45 pm - 3:25 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Mastering the art of customer segmentation: With so much choice and competition how to best build a unique profile for all your customers that enables you to deliver a more personalised experience David Pumberger - CEO Zageno
· How to create and sustain an effective data analytics strategy
· Cutting through the noise – key data sources to focus on andhow to interpret the results
· How to build different personalisation scenarios in order to know to whom we are talking to, what and where to personalize
· How to understand purchase intent drivers, analyse segments, and derive insight with just a few clicks
· The importance of looking for the key of your audience in order to deliver content that they really care about and keeps them in the channel for longer
STREAM A – Leveraging Data As Your Transformation Core3:25 pm - 3:45 pm CASE STUDY: Responding to hacking, employee leaks and GDPR compliance: How to treat and protect your customer data to address these risks
· How to build a strong framework that helps you to optimise data responsibility
· Which are the best practices and how to build trust with your customers?
· How to earn the trust of your customers and demonstrate privacy protection
· How can data analytic software guarantee that we are not making any mistakes with our customers data
STREAM B – Exploiting New Digital Marketing Innovations2:05 pm - 2:45 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How marketers are innovating in traditional industries to exploit the big trends in 2018 and beyond? Kelly Whalley - Global Head of Digital Marketing Kingspan
· What are the main challenges of moving from a non-digital to a digital strategy and how do you solve them?
· How to overcome resistance to change within your organisation
· How to differentiate your marketing communication strategy and determine the right amount of communications
· How to create a customer journey and ensure consistent engagement
Kelly WhalleyGlobal Head of Digital Marketing
STREAM B – Exploiting New Digital Marketing Innovations2:45 pm - 3:25 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Once you have defined your customer’s persona and analyzed their journey, how do you leverage this data with personalisation in your daily sales and marketing activities? Peter Bruhn - Senior Digital Advisor and Director Digital Transformation TAKKT
• How to provide consistent and personalised experiences with a single view of all customer interactions and transactions across all touchpoints and channels
• Finding the right balance between giving a personalised message and being too creepy
- How to keep updating the persona as you receive more and more data
Peter BruhnSenior Digital Advisor and Director Digital Transformation
STREAM B – Exploiting New Digital Marketing Innovations3:25 pm - 3:45 pm CASE STUDY: How to leverage the latest marketing automation tools from across the ecosystem to generate more leads and increase engagement
· How the introduction of automation is changing the marketing department structure and how companies are addressing this change
· Where and how to start automation marketing efforts
· How do you know if you are ready to start the journey
· Main challenges implementing to overcome when implementing marketing automation
STREAM C – Hiring, Training And Developing The Dream Team2:05 pm - 2:45 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How can you up-skill and harness existing talent to ensure your workforce is central to the digital journey? Ole Mecker - Global Director, Business Transformation Wacker Chemicals
· Utilising your existing staff base to close the digital skills gap
· How to identify staff who will thrive in a digital environment
· Training – where to start?
Providing on-going training to maintain engagement in the role
Ole MeckerGlobal Director, Business Transformation
STREAM C – Hiring, Training And Developing The Dream Team2:45 pm - 3:25 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Recruiting digital rockstars: How to attract a new generation of tech-savvy millennials and leverage their talents to achieve digital success Pauliina Jämsä - Global Head of Mobile & Digital Experience Siemens
· How to pinpoint which talent will support your change management process and accelerate the digitalisation of your organisation
· How to get your traditional HR department to support the acquisition of fresh digital capabilities
· Millennials and attrition, how to minimise the attrition with talents who have too many options
· Can B2B be as attractive to digital natives as B2C?
Pauliina JämsäGlobal Head of Mobile & Digital Experience
STREAM C – Hiring, Training And Developing The Dream Team3:25 pm - 3:45 pm CASE STUDY: How to change the mind-set of your salesforce when dealing with resistance around the adoption of new digital initiatives: Tips, tricks and key pitfalls to avoid Mikko Saavalainen - Senior Business Development Vice President Metsä Wood
STREAM D – Interactive Working Groups2:05 pm - 2:45 pm PLATFORM WORKSHOP: Mapping out your digital priorities: Where to begin and how to best exploit new strategies and technologies to enhance existing activities? Joey Moore - Director of Product Marketing Episerver
3:45 pm - 4:25 pm Afternoon networking break
STREAM A – Achieving Data-Driven Personalisation4:25 pm - 5:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to design digital commerce experiences and deliver on your personalisation goals in a multi-channel environment Paul Cooling - VP, Digital Commerce Uniphar Group
· Do you really understand the many customer personas and their many needs who are interacting with your business, both offline and online.
· How to create an effective 1:1 personalisation roadmap that helps companies to engage with their customer directly
· ‘Context is King’ when designing experiences. How understanding customer context can radically shift digital design journeys and patterns for your B2B customers.
· The importance of tracking every action that your customer does along the sales funnel in order to help you to better understand how you should personalise their experience next time
· How to use a mix of technology and commercial strategies to radically shift customers buying patterns and behaviour to a digital-first engagement.
Paul CoolingVP, Digital Commerce
STREAM A – Achieving Data-Driven Personalisation5:05 pm - 5:25 pm INTERVIEW: How to unify your eCommerce platform and website whilst optimising their performance to deliver a personalised experience across channels Marta Dalton - Global Director for B2B and B2C ecommerce Unilever
· How to make sure that your eCommerce platform is supporting the business growth and expansion in order to be ready to sell in different regions
· With hundred thousands of SKUs, what are the main ways to design an appropriate and efficient website structure?
· Should user experience be the key focus governing the website structure design process?
· When working across multiple countries and to match local preferences how can website structure be optimised?
Marta DaltonGlobal Director for B2B and B2C ecommerce
STREAM A – Achieving Data-Driven Personalisation5:25 pm - 5:55 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Are you using your data correctly? How to create a personalisation strategy that fully exploits your data Lars Hanf - Director Marketing Communications Sartorius
• Charting the tangible connection between personalisation and conversion
• Converting the data into a personalisation strategy
• Cutting through the noise – key data sources to focus on and how to interpret the results
• How to track a customer’s buying experience across multiple platforms
Lars HanfDirector Marketing Communications
STREAM B – Delivering Compelling Content4:25 pm - 5:10 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: How can you leverage the latest innovations in data and technology to make your creative campaigns even more meaningful and relevant to your customers? Mirella Amalia Vitale - Senior Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Public Affairs Rockwool Sören Jens Lauinger - Vice President Intrapreneurship & Co-Creation Aesculap, a division of B. Braun
· How to use data to help in the development of the creative idea
· Data driven innovation to create better storytelling
· Can content marketing be exactly targeted?
· What are the new opportunities for innovative content in the industry?
· How to add value and engage in real time
How to use your sales teams to amplify your message
Mirella Amalia VitaleSenior Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Public Affairs
Sören Jens LauingerVice President Intrapreneurship & Co-Creation
Aesculap, a division of B. Braun
STREAM B – Delivering Compelling Content5:05 pm - 5:25 pm CASE STUDY: How to work with your technical team to develop killer content that resonates and engages your customers across all digital touchpoints Sonja Eichmann von - Digital Marketing Manager (West Europe) 3M
· With a lower open rate, how is content key in nurturing leads in the B2B sales environment?
· Why is inbound marketing key to circumvent ad-blockers?
· Beyond awareness creation, how is inbound marketing a cornerstone of the digital strategy?
How to engage with your customers and make your content relevant to them?
Sonja Eichmann vonDigital Marketing Manager (West Europe)
STREAM B – Delivering Compelling Content5:25 pm - 5:55 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to ensure creativity is not lost in the modern data-driven marketing world
· How to redesign advertising with data-driven creativity
· What can marketers do to avoid data analytics overwhelming creative?
· How marketers can create more impactful stories that really connects with the target audience and create a sense of belonging to the brand
How to use the art of narrative to transform unexciting product descriptions into inspiring stories that connect with the audience
STREAM C – Promoting Sales Team Enablement4:25 pm - 5:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to digitalise the field and promote a unified omni-channel approach by your salesforce to deliver a smarter and more seamless service for your customers Carlos Silva Lopes - Marketing Director Dow Europe
· What are the main organizational challenges and how to overcome them?
· How to integrate a new approach without affecting customers
· What tools can companies equip their salesforce with?
· How to utilise CRM data to mobilise your salesforce and get the commitment form your sales teams
Change management: How to ensure smooth adoption of a new model by your salesforce
Carlos Silva LopesMarketing Director
STREAM C – Promoting Sales Team Enablement5:05 pm - 5:25 pm CASE STUDY: Introducing predictive analytics for price optimisation: How to leverage AI to help your salesforce put together a various range of quotes in half the time Ales Drabek - Chief Digital Officer Conrad Electronics
· How to effectively price to different customers: Size and payment behaviour
· How to set and manage the price of a product once it is on the market
· What are the ways to improve margins by winning more bids at better prices with account, competitor and deal analytics?
Ales DrabekChief Digital Officer